I've been trying to post this update all week! I think in order to get some more things done in my life, I just need to go with less sleep, meaning, DO NOT always sleep when the baby sleeps. It's really the mornings that I miss out on prime work time. Lizzy generally sleeps until about 10am so instead of snoozing next to her, I need to get my behind out of bed and take advantage of my time. However, this is going to be hard, because I LOVE sleep. I do hate a neglected blog, though.
I took Lizzy's 6 month photos a few days before she turned 7 months & because we had family in town, I only had a short window of time to get them done. This meant that I photographed her once she woke up from her nap, before she was fed. I have no idea what I was thinking, but as you can imagine, we didn't capture a very photogenic pickle.
In Lizzy's 6th month (3 month AGA) she:
- Weighed 13-15 lbs. On July 22nd, she was exactly 13lbs. Two weeks later at our next appointment, she weighed 14lbs. She is gaining weight splendidly. At our next appointment, we will figure out if she's gaining too much!
- Laughed outwardly for the first time. My brother came into town on July 20th & he had her laughing so hard. My brother is a total ladies man, though, so it figures he would be the first to make her laugh. Since she figured out how to do it, she's been doing it all the time!
- Learned how to hold and shake her rattle.
- Started to hold her head up very confidently & sits up nice & straight.
- Wore 3 month clothes, but many of them were too short in the torso.
- Really began to love music. She loves having music playing, either on Pandora, or coming from one of her toys. She also has this keyboard hanging at the end of her crib that she loves to play by kicking the keys at least once a day.
- Was totally and completely spoiled by her Nana & Papaw during their visit. For days afterward she would cry if I put her down. Thanks, Dad.
- Petted her big fluffy brother, Toby, for the first time and really began to notice his presence. We practice petting him daily, but a couple of weeks ago, she reached out and stroked him herself. It was lovely.
And this is what happens when you try to photograph Lizzy pre-bottle. Total mommy fail.
Thanks for stopping by and not giving up on my little blog! My tenure at American Crafts begins shortly, so I will be able to share more crafting goodness then!