Hello there! If you're here for the American Crafts blog hop, you have just come from Heather's blog and seen her fabulous project. Today, I created a card & I have a fun challenge for you.
Enamel Dots (366785)- Daydreamer, White Opaque Embossing Powder (27124)- Zing!
1. Cut a piece of white cardstock 4-1/4" x 11". Fold it half lengthways to create your folded card.
2. Cut the yellow #Heatwave paper to 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" and adhere to the white folded cardstock.
3. Cut a piece of watercolor paper to 4" x 5-1/4". Stamp the sunglasses from the #Goodtimes stamp set six times with an embossing ink pad and cover with white Zing! embossing powder. Heat set using the Zap! embossing heat gun.
4. Color the background with watercolor paints. Wipe off any excess paint from the embossed surface of the sunglasses.
5. Attach three different rows of Plus One thin washi tape to the bottom of the colored paper.
6. Stamp 'Good Times' in black on the yellow tag from the cardstock shapes pack & cut to a pennant using scissors. Adhere to the ride side of the colored paper in the center.
7. Fill in the lenses of the sunglasses from the cardstock shapes pack with a glossy medium. Allow to dry, then adhere to the card under the yellow tag using dimensional adhesive.
8. Adhere the round cardstock shape from the Plus One cardstock shapes pack to the top of the yellow tag.
9. Add three enamel dots to the top right corner of the watercolored paper.
10. Adhere the watercolor paper to the center of the yellow patterned paper card front.
Your challenge based on this card is to create a background on your project using a resist technique like I did here with white Zing! embossing powder and watercolors. I can't wait to see what you create!
Your next step along the hop is Erin Stewart, but if you've gotten lost along the way, here's the master list. Happy National Scrapbook Day!