Granola. This versatile mix of oats & nuts is not only perfect for topping fruit and greek yogurt for breakfast, it's equally amazing as a quick snack in the afternoon. I often have to hide the canister of this goodness in the pantry so that my husband doesn't shove it by the handful into his mouth when he gets home from work. This is a staple in our pantry & it is rare that I ever run out of this crispy, nutty mix. The recipe is originally from Martha Stewart, I just tweaked it slightly.
Honey Pecan Granola
- 3 c. old fashioned rolled oats
- 1-1/2 c. pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 c. wildflower honey (In this recipe, the main flavor comes from honey, so use the good stuff! I use a local Texas wildflower honey with amazing flavor- it MAKES this recipe!)
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a rimmed sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pecans and salt. Melt butter in a medium microwave safe bowl. Add honey & vanilla to warm butter. Mix well.
- Pour honey mixture over oat mixture and stir with a spatula until all oats are covered with honey.
- Spread evenly on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Using a spatula, mix the granola up and turn over. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes, until oats are golden brown. Cool completely on sheet tray & enjoy!