Today I'd like to share a layout with you that was featured in Jot Magazine's Issue 10, which released on June 1st. This celebratory 2nd birthday issue is jam packed with inspiration from my fellow design team members as well as readers. My layout, "Leg!" was featured in the "Story Telling" gallery and our assignment this month was to document funny sayings from our loved ones. Months ago, I snapped this photo of Lizzy and I playing ball by setting my DSLR camera on the floor and using the timer. As soon as I read the assignment, I knew this photo would be perfect to document an everyday activity here at our home.
Supplies | Cardstock: Bazzill. Patterned papers: Shimelle for American Crafts (ledger & pink dots), Studio Calico (letters), We R Memory Keepers (stars), Crate Paper (vellum); Embellishments: Heidi Swapp (letters & metal clip), Studio Calico (heart), Gossamer Blue (‘happy memories’ banner, ‘together’ chipboard), Crate Paper (tag, tab sticker), American Crafts (house puffy sticker, wooden flair, small stars & heart stickers), Simple Stories (chipboard frame); Stamp: Scraptastic Club; Other: Stampin’ Up! (ink & twine)
The story: One of Lizzy's favorite activities is playing ball, but she is very particular on how it will be played. She shouts, "leg!" whenever she wants to play, which means that you have to sit down on the floor wherever you are standing, and spread your legs so that she can pass the ball to you. She's a bit demanding, but still quite cute.
How I created this layout:
- I printed a 4"x6" photo and matted with a 4-1/2" x 6-1/2" piece of white cardstock.
- Next I layered three different patterned papers at the upper half of a 12"x12" sheet of ledger patterned paper and adhered the photo to the top of the layers with dimensional adhesive.
- At the upper right-hand corner of the photo, I tucked a tab label behind the photo & add a 'love' sticker. To the right of the label, I added a metal clip and slid the 'happy memories' die-out label under it.
- At the bottom left-hand corner of the photo, I added a grouping of embellishment. I framed a piece of vellum in a chipboard frame, and added a tag on top, on which I stapled a transparent heart. On top of that, I added another chipboard element, the 'together' circle. On the left side of the frame I added a puffy sticker house and a wooden enamel button. The frame served as the base for all of the embellishment in this grouping.
- At the right bottom corner of the embellishment grouping, I added a 'today documented' stamp.
- At the bottom right-hand corner of the patterned paper grouping, I added a large title in transparent letters. Beneath it, I handwrote my journaling.
- To finish off my layout, I added three different groupings of small heart and star stickers.
Thanks for stopping by! Over the next couple of weeks, I will be sharing my Jot Issue 10 layouts here on my blog, but in the meantime, check out the full, FREE issue of Jot today!